Family Respite Services is working with over 50 families that need a Direct Support Provider at this time.
You may want to get involved if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- Have access to a vehicle
- Can provide a long term commitment (at least 1 year)
- Have related education or experience with working with people with disabilities
- Live in Windsor/Essex County
Family Respite Services (FRS) helps families connect with people who are interested in providing direct support. The family chooses the person that best meets the needs of their child and family. E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register your profile on www.supportyourway.ca to begin the screening process
- Click on respiteservices.com in the drop down box.
- Select Ontario, Windsor/Essex and language preference.
- Click on respite provider registry on the left hand side of the page.
- Click on the respite provider application link in the middle of the page.
- Complete the Online Respite Provider Application (please elaborate in detail).
- A staff member at Family Respite Services will call you if we are going to proceed with an in person screening.
- If an in person screening is scheduled we will require a current police clearance (within the last 6 months) and 3 reference letters that will be verified. If you don’t have a police clearance please hold off until you are at the in person screening.
- You can gather 3 reference letters to bring to the in person screening.
Once you have completed the screening process you will be able to access profiles of families who are looking for a direct support provider and post information about your skills, interests and availability. The information that you upload does not identify you or the family by name until the family requests your profile. This is a safe, effective tool that families and Direct Support Providers use across Ontario.
Imagine the impact you can have with a child!