How do you want to leave your mark in the world…
At FRS we work in partnership with 1000 families in Windsor and Essex County. Families receive funding for a number of different programs which may help with providing a short break from caregiving. Some families are interested in having support for their son or daughter to develop skills, participate in the community and build relationships. The support is intended to be flexible and individually designed to meet the needs of the child and their family.
Families look for many qualities in the individual who will care for their child. This includes an appropriate knowledge of the role and responsibility of a respite provider, background and training that is suited to their child’s individual needs, screening to ensure the safety of their child and availability to meet their particular situation.
FRS assists families with screening, providing information and access to a safe, confidential and respectful matching process. We use a tool called supportyourway.ca and www.respiteservices.com in this process.
A staff person from FRS is available at each step of the way.
As we continue on our journey together we will talk with you to ensure that your background, skills and knowledge are a good fit for the expectations of the families who are looking for a Direct Support Provider.
The process will include:
- E-mail your resume to email@example.com or call 519-972-9688 x 156 to provide a snapshot of your skills, experience and expectations. This will help to determine if it is appropriate to continue with the full screening process.
- If you continue with the full screening process, we will also need a current police clearance (within the last 6 months) and 3 reference letters from you.
- Upload your personal profile on www.supportyourway.ca and www.respiteservices.com
- An in person screening to discuss your application will also be part of the process.
- Following the approval of your application we then work with you to find an appropriate match with a child and family.
Please contact Family Respite Services if you are interested and have any questions: 519-972-9688 x 156 firstname.lastname@example.org